Tuesday, November 15, 2011

long time gone

overlooking the city.
Coming up on two years later and I haven't posted. So much has been going on with us, it's hard to know where to begin.
2010 passed in a blur. Josh took the job that would keep us here and hasn't stopped since. He did a bit of traveling and spent a lot of time getting to know the ropes at UCC, his employer. No surprise, he's a natural born leader who has proven time and again to his company that he's good at what he does. So much so, that in early 2011 he accepted a promotion. It required WAY more travel than either of us anticipated, but we've taken it mostly in stride. He's been to Canada a few times, Kentucky, Texas, Louisiana, Indiana, and my personal favorite, Oregon. More on that later.
As for me, 2010 was a rough one. It just seemed like my job was a weight around my neck, dragging me further into the depths of having no life and just being miserable. There were plenty of contributing factors, but in April of 2011 I finally got up the nerve to quit. I decided my sanity was more important and I haven't looked back once. I've allowed myself to be open to any opportunity that happened my way and thus far, it's been pretty amazing. I've done several projects on my own and have also worked as a contractor for an extended in-office project, which I will once again be doing this upcoming spring/summer. I'm also working on this blog to get it in tip-top shape before we get underway and I'm honing my photography and writing skills as much as possible. I want this to be a journal for our families to read, and maybe, just maybe serve as inspiration for other people in search of high adventure.

No comments: